BENQ DW1620 won't start spinning.

By freddy011
Jul 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone... :)

Here is my problem with the BENQ DW1620:
    I was burning music cds when all of a sudden, when I just inserted a CD-R in, my DVD drive stopped. It just started spinning for half a second then stopped. It repeated 3 or 4 times then stopped. My computer didn't detect any CD in the DVD drive.
    Luckily, I bought the Service Plan from Future shop so I can return the product any time I want.
    They gave me a new one it worked fine (I put a normal Music CD in) until I put a blank CD-R in then the same thing happened.
    Thinking the problem was that particular type of CD-R (Since the problem occured after I put the exact same type of CD-R in the first time), I returned it again and they gave me a new one but the same problem happened when I put any CD/DVD in.

Since the Hardware Problem is eliminated, does any of you know a known issue or have a solution for this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    Fred :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.