Best 2x/4x or 3.3v Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ideally, all agp cards are backwards compatible with slower interfaces. it really depends on the connectors/voltage.

Ok, I have two 9600s, but thay flat out say "1.5v", if I upgrade to a evga 6800 ultra for one of my Asus P5P800s, I realy don't think a 9600 will work in my kitchen's Asus P3B-F. Might it be better to get a PCI FX5200 and OC the heck out of the PCI bus?

Finally a real anwser;

Notice: Please don't plug Rosewill VGA card on AGP2X motherboard, it will damage your card or motherboard.

Thank you Rosewill

So, are you saying, I CAN put a Geforce 6800 ultra in a P3B-F
i'm saying that it is possible. you're probably not going to improve performance as much on said board, and the system's older (and weaker) power supply will probably balk.
Might it be better to get a PCI FX5200 and OC the heck out of the PCI bus?
the fx5200 is a pretty lackluster card, and i'm not so sure your i440bx chipset would let you successfully overclock said bus.

now that i have an idea what kind of computer you're talking about, i'd say an ati rage 128 pro would do just fine. i trust you've got an old PIII katami?

Well I found a ATi Radion 9200 128mb, 2x/4x/8x. Still have not got it working right, something do do with directdraw. I'll update chipset drivers and get cat 5.7 on a new install of XP and see what happens.

Upgraded from a Rage 128 pro 16mb that worked fine, but I wanted to lift the load from the cpu in N-64 emulator and DVD playback This will work fine in a socket A board if I find one cheap. I also read somewhere that the AGP card was the limiting factor in this boards OCing and 133mhz was hard to get without loosing video. 133+mhz would be very usefull.

Thanks

Well I had it all apart changed alot of things. And now; NO POST!

I don't know what did it, maybe the PSU died, but another one wont make it go eather. Changed video cards, CPUs, memory and nothing.

It's dead, it's dead! I KILLED IT!

Well, where is my slege hammer?

What's a good socket A board that can use my pc133?
________________________________________________________________________________
God bless the USA, her frends, even the whole world. Most of all our, enemys, they need it most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back