Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X2 3800 -152
    X2 4200-187
    X2 4400 - 231

Which has the best bang for the buck?
  2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Best bang for the buck is none of those. Best bang for the buck is a Core2 Duo E6300. $193, and when overclocked it pwns an FX-62. When not overclocked it pwns ALL of the processors you mentioned. But if you want to know which one of THOSE processors is best bang, its the X2 4200.
  3. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

MetalX is quite correct in both his statement. If you are hellbend on getting an AMD, wait a few months (upto a year) for AMD to release a better CPU.

Regards,

Korrupt
  4. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 756

I asked for one of these. I already have a 939 board. I just want a new processor. Would I see a performance increase with the 4200 or 4400 over my 3700 that I will use for video editing?
  5. ingeborgdot

Would I see a performance increase with the 4200 or 4400 over my 3700 that I will use for video editing?
  6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

If that application happens to be multi-threaded, yes. Look at a few review sites & look for the video rendering sections of their articles.
  7. ingeborgdot

Will my Zalman CNPS-7000B-CU work on the 4400 or do I need a new one?
  8. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

Yes, the Zalman CNPS-7000B-CU will work fine.
  9. ingeborgdot

Is there a better one than that?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.