By randyhawk
Oct 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i am looking for any freeware dvd cd writing software any suggestions
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,033   +15

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,291   +226

What capabilities do you need that can't be done by Windows itself?
  4. randyhawk

randyhawk Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 59

just looking for cd and dvd writer for iso, videos and mp3
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,291   +226

Windows does all of that. XP SP1 (or was it 2?) and above allowed native file burning. Vista and above allowed native burning of .iso files.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,016   +716

I'm assuming you don't mean authoring software, which is what you would need to generate menus and the like. I hope so, since I don't know of freeware for that use.

If all you want to do is burn stuff, "IngBurn", is about as good as it gets. You can find that in our "Download" section. It will burn DVD, CD, and I believe Blu-Ray as well. It works just fine with Win 7 64 bit. It also allows the inclusion of CD text, which is great for those of us who have large capacity CD carousel type stand alone players.

Windows 7 will burn an .iso file simply by right clicking on it. Not only that, but it doesn't annoy you details or suggestions about where the layer break should be, or where you would like it to be the way ImgBurn does. (I'm not knocking ImgBurn here, jus' sayin' I'm indecisive and apathetic about where the layer break goes).
  7. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 771   +118

Imageburn.
    free.
    installer file and installation footprint is small.
  8. ComputerGuy55

ComputerGuy55 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 529

I second using Image Burn, I use it as a computer technician making images for Windows Installation disc's, can also use it for simply burning Data DVD's, very simple program but settings can also be altered for more experienced users.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.