Best freeware DVD/CD burning software for Windows 7 64-bit

Windows does all of that. XP SP1 (or was it 2?) and above allowed native file burning. Vista and above allowed native burning of .iso files.

I am looking for any freeware dvd cd writing software any suggestions
I'm assuming you don't mean authoring software, which is what you would need to generate menus and the like. I hope so, since I don't know of freeware for that use.

If all you want to do is burn stuff, "IngBurn", is about as good as it gets. You can find that in our "Download" section. It will burn DVD, CD, and I believe Blu-Ray as well. It works just fine with Win 7 64 bit. It also allows the inclusion of CD text, which is great for those of us who have large capacity CD carousel type stand alone players.

Windows 7 will burn an .iso file simply by right clicking on it. Not only that, but it doesn't annoy you details or suggestions about where the layer break should be, or where you would like it to be the way ImgBurn does. (I'm not knocking ImgBurn here, jus' sayin' I'm indecisive and apathetic about where the layer break goes).

Imageburn.
free.
installer file and installation footprint is small.

I second using Image Burn, I use it as a computer technician making images for Windows Installation disc's, can also use it for simply burning Data DVD's, very simple program but settings can also be altered for more experienced users.

Windows does all of that. XP SP1 (or was it 2?) and above allowed native file burning. Vista and above allowed native burning of .iso files.

but I've found windows inbuilt burners tend to not be too good after a while somehow.
my own win7 inbuilt wont write on the discs anymore, but thinks it can and thinks it has. but it dosnt.
so I use imported burners now to much better effect.

Have tried most free programs for burning discs, trust this one more than most;~
http://codecpack.co/download/True_Burner.html

it's a load of bollox mate.
maybe in the past this one might have been "trustworthy", but now employs open candy which is infamous foradware and malware.
one read of terms and you'll run unless you are a fool.it claims it dosnt install thrird party stuff without your permission, then goes on to say that whatever it installs can be uninstalled lter...
in short meaning it installs third party stuff without any permission.

I clicked "next" after reading that, just to see what would happen, and it had no permission check boxes at all. so I stopped the install.

I got landed with open candy software in the past and it took AGES to clean outr my system. and I eventually had to reformet as it wiped out my ability to set restore dates.
please take you "recommendation" for adware/malware DOWN NOW!

it's a load of bollox mate.
maybe in the past this one might have been "trustworthy", but now employs open candy which is infamous foradware and malware.
one read of terms and you'll run unless you are a fool.it claims it dosnt install thrird party stuff without your permission, then goes on to say that whatever it installs can be uninstalled lter...
in short meaning it installs third party stuff without any permission.

I clicked "next" after reading that, just to see what would happen, and it had no permission check boxes at all. so I stopped the install.

I got landed with open candy software in the past and it took AGES to clean outr my system. and I eventually had to reformet as it wiped out my ability to set restore dates.
please take you "recommendation" for adware/malware DOWN NOW!

I meant to type "one read of the terms and you should run in the opposit direction", I didnt mean "run the installer"!!!!

Hi,
I didn't used to read the EULA's, but I do now, I have been caught out a few times with browser toolbars I didn't want.
Best advice is to read what you agreeing to install, look out for 'Express' and 'Custom' options, the 'Custom' options normally let you choose to not install the optional software, if not needed.
Many programs do include various 'offers' and 'helpers' in the installer routine, I guess it's to help with paying for the costs of running the website and giving away free software.

Last edited:
Agree with SNGX1275. You can do it with win7 inbuilt burner. It works good to me.
Windows burns discs in the live file system format or in the mastered format, depending on which disc format you choose. Adding and erasing one file or many files over and over (like a USB flash drive) and use the disc in Win 7, you may use the live file system format.

Are there any trustworthy free CD/ DVD burning software for 64-bit Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that can burn MULTI-SESSION data discs? Unfortunately the Win7 & Win8 built-in burning software Finalizes the optical burn, making Multi-Session Impossible (unless using rewriteable CD-R / DVD-R media).

I use BurnAware free, it works pretty well. Can't remember if you have to click no to avoid installing crap during the installation or not. Probably though.

Back