TechSpot

Best Motherboard

By puppetgrimm1
Jan 13, 2006
  1. Hello I was wondering if anyone knew of any 939 chipset sli motherboards that are compatible with a Scorpio 668w black alluminum atx case with 12 drive bays 5 x 5.25 external drive bays, 2 x 3.5 external drive bays and 5 x 3.5 internal drive bays. also it should have 7 expansion slots and an ATX form fator of 12" x 10". Please let me know if you need any other information. And as always thank for any help.

Late
    Puppetgrimm1

2. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 160

any motherboard that says ATX will fit in that case...the number of PCI, AGP/PCI-E slots you want all depend on you. Cases usually have a lot more expansion slots than you really need, i.e. not many home users utilize 7 hard drives. just go to www.newegg.com and put some specific search specifications, such as Form factor-ATX, and Socket Type-939 in...a list will pop up and then you can choose from there.

3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

If it's a atx case then any atx 939 sli motherboard should work, like these.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=22&Submit=Property

The only thing you should have to worry about is your power supply connection, as most newer boards have a 24pin main connector, while older power supplys only have a 20 pin main connector. Also, make sure you have adequate 12v amperage, probably at least 25a+ for a sli rig.

4. puppetgrimm1

puppetgrimm1 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

thats all I needed. thanks for you help!

Late
    Puppetgrimm1

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.