best P4 overclocker?

By Vsync85
Jul 11, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi! after spending a year or so in the amd camp, i've decided to make the jump to intel :D

i've seen that the intel northwood cpus overclock really well, so i was wondering what would be the best cpu to get (for overclocking)

almost everything i have read points to the 1.6a, but i also heard that the 1.8a was a good overclocker...how about 2.0a?? the 'b' processors are expensive and dont seem to overclock very well...

the motherboard i plan to get is an asus p4b533-v

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :cool:
  2. Top_gun

Top_gun Newcomer, in training Posts: 81

Well Intel discontinue making tha 1.6GhzA so maybe you can still find some. Your motherboard can support 400 and 533 FSB. Since you dont want to move to those chipsets I would recommend tha 2.0GhzA
  3. SpiralMemory

SpiralMemory Newcomer, in training

I have a friend that will be over-clocking a 2.26 Ghz to 4.3 Ghz using an A-bit motherboard. I'm not for sure which one, but I can check on it. Anyhow, it's going to be water-cooled. He used to work at Intel and informed me that Intel releases the chips running only at 60 percent of it's full capacity to have a true, stable CPU, so... most Intel chips can be over-clocked. Let me know if you want any further info...
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

That's a lot of overclocking. Sounds more like liquid nitrogen cooling than water. But if it works with water, let us know :)

P.S. Welcome to Techspot forums!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.