Best PC for picture & multimedia editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryourff

hi
please can any one help me , i want the best computer for editing picture & multimedia like movie,s i work on adobe photoshop cs3 & after effect cs3
please can any one from expert help me to collect the best of Prosser , Hd , Lcd , case , ram , fan , power , VGA ,
please any one!

Is it possible that you have never built a PC before? $2600 would be enough to buy a great PC or laptop

Realistically, in today's market, $2600.00 should buy enough computer to track a space shuttle mission, let alone do movie and image editing.

Just make sure that you opt for a 64 bit operating system. That way you'll be able to run more than 4 gigabytes of RAM (random access memory) which would speed up the job of rendering video and/or applying filters.

Any decent machine in that price class should provide real time rendering. Look for a "quad core" processor.

Based on your posting style and content I'd say you should go to Dell.com and pick one of their mid to high end desktops, and then max out the specs (on Customize) for what you can afford. That will get you a pretty solid computer that will do what you need, and you'll have a warranty and a phone number you can call for tech support.

thank you

Is it possible that you have never built a PC before? $2600 would be enough to buy a great PC or laptop

thank you mister magic but if i know i will not ask
please any one help me to bulid great pc please with my budget 2600$
please

If this is your first PC build, get a good friend that knows much more than you about building computers to help

Yes Kimsland,
I think ryourff is not really serious here. I could build a great multimedia/editing system for half that $2600

Okay, stop trying to make him go buy a PC and lets actually help the guy.

Before I try to compile a build for you, I need some information;

* What are you going to use the PC for? Just editing, or are you going to be gaming as well?
* Where are you located? (aka fill out your profile)
* Are you willing to buy online?
* Are you going to re-use any parts from a computer you already have?
* Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
* Have you already bought any parts?

While its honerable of you to try and stick up for the new guy despite several of us old timers.. I don't think your approach here is valid.

The guy comes in, can't spell, bolds entire posts, then becomes fixated on a budget without giving any details on the system's intended use. It just isn't worth anyone's time to put much effort into this. From his posts here I see no indication this guy is putting any effort into learning anything about what he's potentially about to take on. We'd be doing a disservice to him to encourage him to build his own at this point, and until he proves otherwise I don't think it is wise to give him a parts list. Based on what I've seen, he may or may not get the correct parts laid out for him, would likely build it haphazardly, it probably wouldn't boot successfully, and suddenly we have many more posts from him on how to make it work.

It seriously is a better option at this time to have him buy a prebuilt computer where there is 24/7 customer support and some kind of warranty. When you buy a store bought computer there is an expectation that it works perfectly for you from day 1, and if it doesn't, you have the right to demand that be fixed. If you build one yourself, you lose all that, you lose your time and money, frustration of fixing it yourself, frustration of trying to get free support online when you may not even know enough to properly describe the problem, and then on top of all that you may end up having to pay someone to fix it anyway.

So my advice is to stay away from giving this guy ideas until he can convince us that he is up to the challenge and responsible enough to build a proper machine for what he needs. Simply wanting the 'greatest' for $2600 isn't good enough.

Before I try to compile a build for you, I need some information;

* What are you going to use the PC for? Just editing, or are you going to be gaming as well?
* Where are you located? (aka fill out your profile)
* Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
thank you for sharing this topic
i live in tripoli - Libya
*What are you going to use the PC for?
just for editing,
no i can,t
no
*Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
yes
yes i bought NVIDIA geforce 8400gs
----------------------------------------------------------------
and i have experience in photoshop "6,7,cs,cs2,cs3,cs4" about 8 year,s
& in aftereffact about 4 year,s

Well ryourff,
thanks for finally giving some useful information... You are not going to buy parts online, and we don't know what is available to you, so we can only provide some general guidelines:

Good Hi-end quad-core 64-bit CPU motherboard providing up to 16GB of RAM support. Your video card plus maybe Nvidia's 2 monitor SLI configuration. A couple of 500+GB hard drives. An 850 Watt power supply. Blu-Ray burner(s)...

So my advice is to stay away from giving this guy ideas until he can convince us that he is up to the challenge and responsible enough to build a proper machine for what he needs. Simply wanting the 'greatest' for $2600 isn't good enough.

i have made a list of part,s & i need you,r Suggestion pleaseeeeee​
monitor--------------------------------lcd 22 inch benq
mother board------------------------- intel x 58
ram----------------------------------------- 6 GB DDR3
cpu------------------------------------------ i7 intel 13 mega cache
fan------------------------------------------ intel
vga---------------------------------------------nvidia N280
H.D.D------------------------------------------- segate 500GB
& DVDRW

that,s i donot know tell me please if you can
----------------------------------------------------------
What Operating System are you going to use?
i will use windows xp 64bit

i will use windows xp 64bit
XP 64 Bit is not a good operating system
If you were set on XP, I would recommend that you stick with 32Bit, of preferably go Vista 64Bit.

Another point about Operating Systems. Due to the new and improved Windows 7 OS, you may wish to wait before buying any OS and see if it would be much better (in the long run) to purchase the latest Operating System, many users have already reported how much more improved it is over older OSs. But as with any new OS, it is best to wait before rushing down to Wallmart and being the first to buy it.

XP 64Bit is now very old, and limited in what new Windows OS can do

thank you mister Tmagic650 - kimsland - SNGX1275 & redK for helping me i am realy so thankfull for you
and i w,ll wait for windows 7 it is like good

Good idea ryourff

By the way, next post I see of yours all in Bold I'm just going to delete
So stop it :D

2400$??? Where do you people work lol? If you have nothing better to do with your money, please give it to me hehe .... If those parts cost that much in Libya, I suggest that you purchase online and have it shipped to you ... this would still be a lot cheaper than 2400$ for a basic editing pc.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back