TechSpot

Bethesda releases Skyrim 1.4 patch, mod kit previewed

By Shawn Knight
Feb 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Bethesda Studios has made the latest Skyrim 1.4 update available for everyone on Steam after just over a week of public beta. In addition to several bug and quest fixes,…

Read the whole story

2. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

It also keeps any mods you subscribed to updated.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Soo... I guess I should buy skyrim at some point? Probably before Mass Effect 3, Otherwise how the hell am I going to find the time to play both?

4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,184   +177

burty117 you are doomed lol

5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

noob friendly mod kit just means thousands of ridiculous mods.

6. ikesmasher, the Skyrim Nexus has a rating system, people rate the better mods, all you'd have to do is look for the mods that have the most endorsements and you wouldn't ever see the ridiculous mods.

7. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 642   +118

Hopefully they're not using this steam partnership to segway in charging $$ for the better mods. I've always gone to skyrim/fallout nexus for mods. They have an excellent site and an excellent community of modders.

8. patch appears to have foobarred my copy, can't interact meaningfully with NPCs now.

9. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 103   +8

lol, so true. +1

Ya, but you'll still have to swim through a sea of useless crap to find anything new that might be potentially good. Just sayin' :p

Regardless, its a really cool concept, and I'm really happy they did this for the community. Its just too bad that pc users got a mediocre console port of the game :-/
    It almost seems like they are relying on modders to fix things, such as interface issues, instead of themselves... hmmm.... or, maybe I'm just being overly cynical today :)

10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

that is true.

11. "Both features are currently in the works although a release date hasn’t been announced as of yet"

Shame on you Techspot that isn't correct (hint: so please correct it) or at best is misleading, certainly with regard to the Creation Kit. Two previous release dates were promised by Bethesda for the Creation Kit, the first was with release of the game, and the second was 'sometime in January.' Both of course have been missed. Bethesda have now sensibly reverted to the suitably vague 'coming soon.' Bethesda used to make release date promises...

12. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

Bethesda also used to release broken-*** games.

13. Used to release?

14. QuaZulu

QuaZulu TS Member Posts: 37

Hey, Skrim wasn't broken for me. Sure, some glitches...but they weren't fatal and didn't hinder (much) 200+ hours of magnificent gameplay. At least it's not like Batman: Arkam...started up one day to find all save games gone and unrecoverable (I tried multiple workarounds). To top it off WB had a rude and ignorant support staff. I'd much rather have Bethesda's benign glitches to WB's fatal errors.

15. Guest said: "patch appears to have foobarred my copy, can't interact meaningfully with NPCs now. "

Then stop using those stupid mods all the time...seriously. No problems here.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.