Between Plextor 716a DL and Sony DRU 710a DL...which would you prefer and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason if I'm only comparing those 2 drives is that Best Buy has them and I would prefer to purchase them locally. Thanks for you input. I would like to make a decision today.

Bluedog

i own the said sony drive and it's very satisfactory in both reliability and performance. it installed in a snap and never gave me any trouble.

Zephead,

What version of Nero does it come with? Can you burn dvd to dvd? Rather have you tried to burn dvd to dvd?

Defently Plextor, they just make the best, highest quality, fail-proof drives around :cool:.

I would say plextor as well - strictly due to brand loyalty. I have several drives from Plextor but I've only ever owned 2 Sony drives. I haven't used either of the drives you've mentioned here, but I would still get the Plextor over the Sony even if there were a considerable price difference.

bluedog,

mine came with an oem version of nti cd&dvd creator 6, a shoddy at best program. i also have nero and roxio easy cd sreator from other sources, both work well. and yes, using nero or roxio anything is possible, drive has never let me down.

Mic, as he mentioned, it could have been his media or anything else, as a plexy should burn just as fast or faster as a Sony, nothing like 10 compared to a 5 by the sony :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back