bf2.exe bad image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir333

ok, when ever i try to play a game it says, that microsoft doesnt suppurt the image or something like bf2.exe bad image! what should i do someone said run a virus scan and mine wont update??? and it takes forever, i think thats the problem but ive run trial virus scans and they dont find viruses only client registry problems?

i also get this message- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d8thk.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

please help

anyone i need help badly?

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. You`re far more likely to get replies.

ok to the titles but ya, wat do i do on that site(first one) ive been there before and unzipped the file( i think) but wat from there this happens to many programs?

Just to make sure you`ve got a suitable unzipper download HERE.
The extract button is on the far right hand side of the program display.
Extract the d3d8thk.dll to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ overwriting the existing copy.

If the problem still occurs, try the following:

1. Press Start and select Run
2. Type CMD.EXE and press Enter
3. Type regsvr32 d3d8thk.dll and press Enter

ok i tried choice one, then i tried choice 2 and it said it was an excutable file

edit

i just retryed i think i typed the extract to the wrong place?

first extract i did was to C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\d3d8thk

the second was too C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d8thk?
this right

sir333 said:
the second was too C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d8thk?
this right
Yes.

If that, and the spyware option fail,the only other thing is to uninstall/redownload/reinstall the game.

Peddant said:
Yes.

If that, and the spyware option fail,the only other thing is to uninstall/redownload/reinstall the game.

problem is that that some of the programs arent games like yahoo mucis player and such? and i did scan my computer for registery problems and such and found alot!, but which program would people recoment buying to fix these problems?

If your having problems with several programs,then it probably is spyware.
Go to the second link in my first post,follow the instructions,then post an HJT log in the Security and the Web forum.
Even if spyware is not the problem.at least your system will be cleaned up.

A good general cleanup utility is CCleaner That also fix registry errors (the "issues" tab.)

ok, thanks for the cleaner(not sure if it worked) problem still there, im going to try this again
1. Press Start and select Run
2. Type CMD.EXE and press Enter
3. Type regsvr32 d3d8thk.dll and press Enter
but wat do i do once i hit enter and then also i have a spyware scanner,but problem still exists after scan?

and then how will i know what i need to solve this problem?

ok it says d3d8thk.dll is not an excuatable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type?????

ok another thing to make sure is for the extraction of the .zipfile .dll

do i extract all files listed below or only files selected below, and then what are the extraction options suppose to be? overwrite existing files(figure that), recreat folders, and run setup after extraction

sir333 said:
but wat do i do once i hit enter
You should get a message saying it`s been registered.If you do get that message,and continue to get the bad image error with bf.exe that means it didn`t work

and then also i have a spyware scanner,but problem still exists after scan?
You have to follow all the instructions in that thread then post an HJT log.Then someone will tell you exactly what has to be removed.

CCleaner is just a general cleaner,that`s good to have.It won`t help with spyware.

no i already have spyware scanner from sbc, and once i go to the link do i download something(checking it now)

I can only repeat that you follow THESEinstructions.

If you look at all the other posts in the Security forum,you`ll see that a lot of people have spyware problems,
and a lot of people get them fixed by following those instructions.

I have to go to bed now :zzz: Howard Hopkinso wants your HJT log.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back