BF2 not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eslavs

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and I hope you can help. I'm trying to run bf1942 and/or bf2 on my laptop with no success. Here's what I've got:

HP dv8000t - 1.73 centrino duo core processor
1GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600

I know that the g-card isn't listed as supported. But I figured it would at least run bf1942. When I install both games and try to fire them up, they start to load, then the screen goes black, and then I'm right back to my desktop. Any suggestions?

On a side note, I did install CS Condition Zero and it runs fine. If it matters....

2gb is recommended for BF2 and or BF2142. I don't care what they say. You will stay lag with 1gb.

If the video card is not supported then thats your issue.

I agree with the previous poster that 1 gig can be a stuttery mess in BF2/BF2142 and 1.5-2.0 gigs is ideal. Although you CAN play okay with 1 gig, you'll need to reduce a lot of settings and piloting a jet can be tough from pagefile stutter... ground units on low settings is fairly playable with a fast disk drive/pagefile.

I would have expected the 7600 Go to work with BF2 as it only needs hardware T&L and pixel/vertex shaders V2.0 (DX9). I'm unsure if the mobility/Go has both of these though or if it's just a driver problem. The "launch but black screen then back to desktop" is a surefire sign of the game not able to find it's needed features to play.

You can double check at this link here:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Select Battlefield 2 from the list, it will require the download of a small activeX or Java applet, then will run a series of tests for your system. It should report what your hardware has vs. what the game requires. You might want to bookmark it for future games as well.

thanks

I've tried the systemrequirementslab.com site, each time it tells me unknown across the board. I can't figure that one out either.

Yah, it's not that the game's running choppy-it's just not running. I've tried to update the drivers but I'm told that there are no updates. I wasn't sure about the card because it's not listed specifically as being supported.

Eslavs said:
I've tried the systemrequirementslab.com site, each time it tells me unknown across the board. I can't figure that one out either.
Well, that tells you that you have a driver-related or configuration related problem.

I'd recommend hitting HP's website/support section and downloading the full/proper drivers for your listed laptop. Once these are downloaded, uninstall any previous drivers showing up in Add & Remove Programs in the Control Panel, then apply.

Barring that, you may also try www.nvidia.com and try their Geforce Go 7 series drivers in hopes it will recognize your card. These reference drivers have a lot more supported laptops than just the 7800/7900 Go series. It'll be a finger-cross deal though if you're is recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back