Big problem. adb no longer detects connected tablet at all

By Jskid
Sep 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying to sideload files to a Galaxy Tab 3 and when I run adb (part of the Android SDK) it says "no devices connected" or something similar. I tried reinstalling Samsung KIES which reinstalled the drivers but still no good.

[​IMG]

My mother board is an Asus P8Z68-V LE. adb used to work but I think something got messed up when I factory reset the tablet and now some hardware id doesn't match. I can't find any SM Bus Controller drivers at the Asus website.
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +617

I'd go over to XDA and browse their threads, or start a new one. That's a better place for your question.
  3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

Re: SM Bus Controller. You asked it about it in a different thread. So I guess you already tried the Intel chipset drivers. So I looked at the ASUS site for your m/b. Did you install the Intel Management Engine too listed under the ASUS chipset drivers category????

As for your other device, I'd guess you should look in Programs and Features and uninstall anything about adb or its drivers from there. Then reinstall from a fresh download
  4. Jskid

Jskid TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 429

I am unable to install the Intel Chipset drivers. I get the error "Does not support this operating system: WNT_6.1P_MCE"
  5. Jskid

Jskid TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 429

I finally got it working. I uninstalled the driver completely through device manager, rebooted the computer with the tablet still plugged in and powered on. After I logged into Windows it added the device driver and it worked properly (y)
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

Hey Hey!! Good job (y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.