Bios is different, help with "Dynamic Overclocking" PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to do some overclocking on my new setup, I have a MSI KT6V KT600 FSB400 board, with sempron 2800+ cpu but it has a fsb333, via chipset, 128 mb g-force card, 768mb DDR400 pc3200. I have looked through the threads for sempron bios help and even the madshrimp article to overclock AMD's and my bios is different and I am not sure where to look for info on my specific bios setup, its probably very similar to the amd bios pics in madshrimps article but it is just different enough that it throughs me off can anyone help me out?? Some links to anything helpful would be great or threads with info that I might have overlooked, Pm me or post here or if someone would be real cool and let me call them on the phone and help walk me through a few settings shoot me a pm. My bios has this frequency/Voltage control on the right side when clicked it takes me to this other screen with dynamic overclocking feature you can kinda see in the pics, you can set the FSB, cpu ratio, cpu vcore, dynamic overclocking and agp voltage and ddr voltage, the dynamic overclocking is what I am a little confused on you can set it up 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, also I dont see anything anywhere about any multiplyer?? Can anyone take a little time and help me out?? Thanks alot!!!

Attachments

• Picture 026.JPG
    Picture 026.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 015.JPG
    Picture 015.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 12
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct FSB for you cpu is 166mhz(333mhz effective) the correct multiplier is X12 so 166mhz X 12 = 1992 mhz.

Go Here and check out your cpu specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

As your CPU has a locked multiplier you are left with the FSB to overclock. Right now it is set to 166mhz & you will want to raise that speed a few MHz at a time. Every time you do so, run a few heavy programs & benchmarks & see if the system is stable. If it isn't, try raising the CPU's VCore (also by small increments). Once you really can't get the system stable anymore, revert to the last known good speed & you're set.

Set your memory to run in sync with the CPU's FSB & always keep an eye on the heat output of your components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back