BIOS recovery

Dear fellows:
My pc had BIOS breakdown due to unstable electricity.. I took it to a shop, they installed BIOS but it was a wrong version.. The mainboard is D945GCNL but they installed BIOS for D945GCCR.. Everything is working good, except LAN card driver is not installing.. I tried alot to recover it to its own version, but all in vein..
Please help me..

So, the computer is working fine other than the lan driver and incorrect BIOS version. The lan driver you will just need to look up and download from the manufacturers website. As for the BIOS, I wouldn't worry too much about the version. You never really need to change bios unless something is wrong. And, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

However, I would probably contact the shop about the error on their behalf. Maybe bargain some sort of partial refund.

I went to that shop but they asked for more money.. I cant do that.. I installed a pci express lan card, but I need to use the built in land, becuz I need that pci slot for tv tuner..
I made bootable cds n usbs to flash the BIOS but it cudnt be booted.. I read all the instruction in intel website.. none of the methods worked

The BIOS will need to be reflashed. Some newer motherboards store an emergency factory restore BIOS in a ROM chip which can be flashed over. Gigabyte does this. If the BIOS is totally jacked and there is no alternative option, the mobo has to go back to the factory. good luck

A LAN driver can be downloaded. If the current BIOS is working, don't mess with it. A rule of thumb with BIOS is if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Dear Fellow.. I have LAN driver in the disc, downloaded it aswell, but it doesnt work.. driver installs but doesnt show in list, LAN doesnt work either.. The problem is computer doesnt boot with disc drives and usb's.. Why is this happening?? And that F2 boot setup havent beenshown when graphics card is installed

Back