Bios update A7V in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

some simple advise would be appreciatd.

I have downloadedthe bios for this board but am too stupid to boot into dos as per the instructions.
all the later boards I have used had a utility in the bios.

What do I need to do.
The first line of the 'How to manage and update your bos' off the asus site says 1. create a bootable floppy by typing format a:/s....... I am in xp and cannot do this .can I?

I have a disk with the aflash and the bios but so far am stuffed.

I basically want to use this mobo with my 1.4 Tbird but at the moment 1.o is all it can support.

Any help much appreciated.

All you need is a boot disk http://www.bootdisk.com is a good place to get one if you don't have/know how to make one. And the disk with your BIOS update. Just boot from the floppy and follow the instructions you were given. If you are still unclear, just post back.

I don't believe that the BIOS update will fit with the utility on the bootdisk, I tried that - I have the same board. But you can very easily just put the update utility and the new BIOS on another floppy and just pop it in after the DOS environment loads up.

Why not just install AsusUpdate and do it from Windows?

You'll find AsusUpdate on (one of) the cd('s) which came with the motherboard...
Install, connect to the internet, download latest patch (save to disk just in case), choose "update BIOS from file"...

No need to bother with bootdisks anymore :)

Thanks folks,

I had 2 problems,
1 Since using xp many of my diske are unreadable and cannot be formatted. Hence the truble making a boot disk,

2 I had the new bios extracted into a folder on the floppy and in dos it appears that it cannot see into the folder, Anyway all sorted

Still any reason why the old machine freezes whenever I connect to the internet. I hoped the bios would help

750 Tbird, A7v 384sdram rivatnt2 card with broken fan but with a case fan stuck on with silicone. 250psu obasic soundblaster ctx10b6 HFC pci modem 56kmodem.

thans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back