BIOS Update Anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone post a BIOS update guide. Im pretty much looking for all the info i can get, from how to realize what BIOS and what size of floppy disc to use.

THX

You should be able to find this info on your mobo manufacturers website.

You can also use Google to good effect, for general info on the bios and it`s functions/flashing etc.

Regards Howard :)

thing is, i dont know which is the manufacturer's names in all the details i got.
i use everest UE and it gives me soo many names i cant even understand in which site i need to see to get the flash or bios update ..

in Evereset when i choose motherboard it gives me many options of many parts on the mobo .. :
1.Cpu >> intell pantium 4 bla bla >> this directs me to the intel.come website for more details and product information
2.CpuID >>
3.Motherboard >> GigaByte ? >> directs me to tw.giga-byte.com for more info
4.Memory
5.Spd >> directs me too http://www.geilusa.com/products.asp
6.Chipset >> SiS, the only componet i know which company made it .. dont know relevance to flash ? bios ? etc
7.Bios >> Award ? >> http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm??
what am i supposed to do ? where do i dl the flash update ? which company made my mobo ?

thx for the help

You can open your case and look on the mobo itself. There should be some identifacation/model number near the pci slots.

You can also click on the frist link in my signature. You will find a link to the SIW programme. It may be able to identify your mobo for you.

Regards Howard :)

after using SIW, which is like everest, jus doesnt requires intallation i got this :)
Property Value
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model GA-8SIMLH
Version 1.x

Chipset Vendor Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)
Chipset Model SiS651 CPU to PCI Bridge
South Bridge SiS 961/962

CPU Intel Pentium 4
Cpu Socket Socket 478
Processor Upgrade ZIF Socket
Max CPU Speed 3066 MHz

System Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP

Memory Summary
Capacity 256 MBytes
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 2048 MBytes
Memory Slots 2
Error Correction None
Error Correction Capabilities None
Name Physical Memory Array
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 1024 MBytes

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

ill take a wild guess and say that i have to look for a bios update by giga-byte ? or for giga-byte mobos ?

my computer is running ok howard, thought it does have its small setback every once in a while, mainly due to vsmon(zone alarm related) and LHemule which is a massive vm eater .. i think the solution im looking for is just get some more vm, since i only have 256 now with a 2.68 processor(kinda silly, donnu what the person who made my computer was thinking .. )

anyways, my computer was assambeld more then 2 years ago, and there was no bios or mobo update since, in Everest it says that i should update my bios defintions and mobo defintions.. and it seems logical because when this computer was made it ran 98se .. and i guess updates to bios and mobo will only work better with newer windows versions(i.e Xp .. )

another thing that im troubled with is an annoying sound from my hdd while its working, something it sounds like there is a small mice inside running on a wheel and trying to keep his pases(?) after what im doing on my computer ..

well, ill be heading to be sincei have a shift in 7 hours and im kinda drunken

Thx for the help and notice Howard, much apprichited ! =-]

Good Night, RoE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back