BIOS Update Anyone ?

By superoe
Mar 29, 2006
  1. Could anyone post a BIOS update guide. Im pretty much looking for all the info i can get, from how to realize what BIOS and what size of floppy disc to use.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

You should be able to find this info on your mobo manufacturers website.

You can also use Google to good effect, for general info on the bios and it`s functions/flashing etc.

Regards Howard :)
  3. superoe

superoe TS Rookie Topic Starter

thing is, i dont know which is the manufacturer's names in all the details i got.
    i use everest UE and it gives me soo many names i cant even understand in which site i need to see to get the flash or bios update ..

in Evereset when i choose motherboard it gives me many options of many parts on the mobo .. :
    1.Cpu >> intell pantium 4 bla bla >> this directs me to the intel.come website for more details and product information
    2.CpuID >>
    3.Motherboard >> GigaByte ? >> directs me to for more info
    5.Spd >> directs me too
    6.Chipset >> SiS, the only componet i know which company made it .. dont know relevance to flash ? bios ? etc
    7.Bios >> Award ? >>
    what am i supposed to do ? where do i dl the flash update ? which company made my mobo ?

thx for the help
  4. howard_hopkinso

You can open your case and look on the mobo itself. There should be some identifacation/model number near the pci slots.

You can also click on the frist link in my signature. You will find a link to the SIW programme. It may be able to identify your mobo for you.

Regards Howard :)
  5. superoe

after using SIW, which is like everest, jus doesnt requires intallation i got this :)
    ill take a wild guess and say that i have to look for a bios update by giga-byte ? or for giga-byte mobos ?
  6. howard_hopkinso

7. superoe

8. howard_hopkinso

9. superoe

my computer is running ok howard, thought it does have its small setback every once in a while, mainly due to vsmon(zone alarm related) and LHemule which is a massive vm eater .. i think the solution im looking for is just get some more vm, since i only have 256 now with a 2.68 processor(kinda silly, donnu what the person who made my computer was thinking .. )

anyways, my computer was assambeld more then 2 years ago, and there was no bios or mobo update since, in Everest it says that i should update my bios defintions and mobo defintions.. and it seems logical because when this computer was made it ran 98se .. and i guess updates to bios and mobo will only work better with newer windows versions(i.e Xp .. )

another thing that im troubled with is an annoying sound from my hdd while its working, something it sounds like there is a small mice inside running on a wheel and trying to keep his pases(?) after what im doing on my computer ..

well, ill be heading to be sincei have a shift in 7 hours and im kinda drunken

Thx for the help and notice Howard, much apprichited ! =-]

Good Night, RoE
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.