TechSpot

bios upgrade

By jureidini
May 20, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a ECS motherboard i installed a PIII 800 instead of a Celeron 700 .

My machine boots up once every 5 trials not event the processor cooler turns on. I asked my vendor he told me to upgrade the bios . The abios is an Award v6.00PG rev 2.0c

I tried to flash the rev 2.0e with awd830 when it asks me to overwrite the bios i say yes it kiks out with a message UNKOWN FLASH.

Anybody can please help

TKU

Fad
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

It would help to know which ECS MB and try going to ECS website and look for downloads/BIOS for your board. Even a simple change in revision number of the motherboard may require a different BIOS to be installed.
  3. BIOS Informant

BIOS Informant Newcomer, in training

Depending on how old the BIOS is you need to use a different revision of the Award flash loader, 830 is the latest so you would want to try an earlier one. I would recommend about the 8.22 version, but I think you can get passed all of that just by using Uniflash which can be found at. http://www.uniflash.org/
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.