TechSpot

Bitdefender or Norton?

By jdmnino
Feb 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Norton subscription is coming to an end within the next month, I am happy with it, but which is better, bifdefender or norton? Pros and cons for the both would be nice to help me select. Right now I'm leaning on getting Norton 2008 Internet Security. If there is anyone that says I should get Bitdefender please let me in on the info about it, thanks!

Nino
  2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,051

lose norton! only trouble is that it leaves lots of files etc behind. download revo uninstaller to remove it , it will look for all its files to remove
  3. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,087

Erase any thoughts of Norton 2008 and then flush the Norton you have down the toilet.
  4. jdmnino

jdmnino TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

So is bitdefender or panda any better? Whats wrong with norton? Never had a problem.
  5. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,051

look here at this thread started by me some time ago
  6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

Kaspersky, Anti-Vir, NOD32, AVG, or Avast.

Kaspersky has the best rate detection in the business.

NOD32 has the lightest resource need though it takes time to configure.
  7. jdmnino

jdmnino TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

Thanks for the advice and Im using revo uninstaller as I type right now. I just picked up Kaspersky, so hopefully it turns out for the better.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.