Bizarre Flash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjfarr

I'm using Flash 8 and have no problems at all with the program itself. However, it seems that any folders with Flash project files in them (namely .fla, .flv, .swf, , .as, .html) will lock up from time to time (i.e. can't delete or rename any files therein) and I won't be able to close the folder. I end up using the Windows Task Manager to kill the folder. I can still, however, open the files themselves and drag them around the folder.

When this happens, no other open folders/apps are effected. Just the folder in question. Bizarre, isn't it?

Hi - thanks.

It's not the Flash player, but the Flash program. (The player is up-to-date.) The program is what I use to create Flash interfaces and/or web animation for the net. Each of these projects is in its own folder, with the accompanying files/filetypes (as mentioned before).

Sorry, I misunderstood. If you're using windows XP, the Event Viewer is very helpful finding the causes of mysteries like you have. Are you familiar with it?

Control Panel Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

Or you can use these sites:
http://www.eventid.net/search.asp
http://www.monitorware.com/en/events/

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Hi "Bob"

Thanks for the tip. I'm a fairly experienced PC user, but I'd never heard of the Event Viewer. Interesting info there. I'll check it next time this issue pops up.

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome. Take a look there- you'll likely see Errors in red for the times those files locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back