Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Los Alamos researcher says, 'black holes' aren't holes at all
    http://www.lanl.gov/worldview/news/releases/archive/02-035.shtml
    James Rickman LOS ALAMOS, N.M., April 21, 2002
  2. DogStar

DogStar Newcomer, in training Posts: 142

mind boggling

So if these "bubbles" keep absorbing all matter, then hypothetically they could consume the known universes and each other, until there is nothing left to absorb, whereby it (cos there would only be one left) would then have no matter outside itself and thus would have start absorbing itself, and possibly become a "big bang" and renew all matter, cos energy/matter is constant, and it can't just disappear. E'en tho it may take an uncountable span of time.
  3. cabrone

cabrone Newcomer, in training Posts: 166

i feel the pull of the black hole on me now, its hard to type because im getting sucked away from my keyboa.... AHHHHH
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Re: mind boggling

Actually, if you watch the news, mathematicians have recently theorised that this is perhaps the case: that there is no "beginning" of time, so to speak, and that eternity has been characterised by a constant, infinite stream of "big bangs" and "contraction" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again over eternity...

In this model, time never began and will never end. Its a constant stream, folding round in a circle of eternity. No beginning. No end.

Perhaps, in a trillion, trillion, years, the atoms of space and time will come together again in exactly the same manner, and I will be sitting here again, typing this same message....
  5. DogStar

Cool :grinthumb

And I reckon that"s where the "meaning of life" conundrum comes into it. It is a staggering thought.
  6. Phantasm66

Probably each and every big bang recreates the universe in the same way (i.e. there is still a planet Earth, still an Andromeda galaxy, still a crab nebula, etc, etc... ) but there is probably just one or two subtle differences each time....
  7. DogStar

(must learn how to "Quoted by....")
    Bit like now, that the G'ment now needs the tax on it.I'm yakkin' 'bout the research on the jeans((sic)(what the x does sic mean anywayz?))
    All I'm sayin' is that for each new "bubble" (this really blows my mind as when you think about it its like it goes on on on on on ....as stated by P66) it's the same bubble, but different as the (dare I say) the DNA has progressed?(so to say)
  8. Phantasm66

stay off the drugs! ;)

(only kidding.... ;) )

Please repeat what you said a little more clearly because it sounds interesting but I don't know exactly what you mean...
  9. DogStar

Which part?
  10. Phantasm66

erm, all of it.
  11. DogStar

Neil Diamond

Listen to the above mentiioned(I am...thru pc...really loud....with a Vibra128....luv it)
    Well I said, after unc
    and cabrone says "i feel the pull of the black hole on me now, its hard to type because im getting sucked away from my keyboa.... AHHHHH" and you said "Actually, if you watch the news, mathematicians have recently theorised that this is perhaps the case: that there is no "beginning" of time, so to speak, and that eternity has been characterised by a constant, infinite stream of "big bangs" and "contraction" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again over eternity...

In this model, time never began and will never end. Its a constant stream, folding round in a circle of eternity. No beginning. No end.

Perhaps, in a trillion, trillion, years, the atoms of space and time will come together again in exactly the same manner, and I will be sitting here again, typing this same message...."
    And we all went on from there.:)
    But maybe it's like life "as we know it". Because when (you think 'bout it we don't know jacksxxt.) and I'm lost now...hehehe...but...I believe we all know in our own "soul" what is and what will be..as it is...but we deny ourselves the "it".
    I remember as a child of 3-5yrs (the time it occured) of sleeping at night , but freaming of flying(actually being there and feeling each and all of the feelings) and it was cool!! but I digress once again...so forgive me.

p.s. yes i mean freaming...wtf is freaming...i meant dreaming

12. DogStar

what i said...hehehe.is this what u call prequote?
    Listening to AccaDacca now:grinthumb
    But to the point , how do we know?
    I have an idea, but it only suits the hardcores.
  13. Honourableprawn

Honourableprawn Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

WIBBLE

:giddy:

the prawn:grinthumb
  14. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

Wibble wibble :confused:

*plays with his bottom lip with his finger*
  15. Phantasm66

Yeah dude.... WIBBLE indeed. Talk sense please. Or don't talk at all.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.