Blank screen after graphics card inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I seem to have a problem installing my new graphics card, i have a Nvidia Geforce6600LE pci-e and whenever i insert it into the slot and start up the computer up, my monitor wont get any signal. My motherboard model is Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-VM900M and my on board graphics is a P4M900 VIA Chrome9 IGP chipset. And i also noticed in my graphics display Utility(S3 Screen toys) states that it only supports AGP. I had a look in BIOS and i tried to switch primary display to PCI-E but there wasnt one, it only had PCI, on board and PEG(Default setting). I really would appreciate any help that you can offer.

thank you.

QuickLearner said:
hello,

I seem to have a problem installing my new graphics card, i have a Nvidia Geforce6600LE pci-e and whenever i insert it into the slot and start up the computer up, my monitor wont get any signal. My motherboard model is Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-VM900M and my on board graphics is a P4M900 VIA Chrome9 IGP chipset. And i also noticed in my graphics display Utility(S3 Screen toys) states that it only supports AGP. I had a look in BIOS and i tried to switch primary display to PCI-E but there wasnt one, it only had PCI, on board and PEG(Default setting). I really would appreciate any help that you can offer.

thank you.

unless it is one of the few MB that support both AGP and pci-E it will not work in it and there is no way for anyone to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back