Blank screen... need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i have a custom built computer...running windows 7 ultimate. i have an athlon duel core processor with an ATI Radeaon 4850 video card. I recently had some spyware problems so i did a system recovery....now when i turn my computer on it show the windows logo but right after that the screen goes blank. the only thing i can see is my cursor. What have i done and how can i fix it. i am new to this kind of problem. please help.

1. Boot from the Windows 7 install disk
2. After choosing your language, choose the "Repair your computer" option on the "install now" screen
3. Optional step: if you need special drivers to access your hard drives (SCSI, etc), follow the "load drivers" onscreen instructions to read them from an external source.
4. When prompted, choose the "System restore" option
5. Choose one of the previous restore points (I chose the second one down on mine just to be sure)
6. The system will roll back installs to that restore point; reboot only when prompted

I hope this helps. If NOT, try this....

- boot in safe mode
- run a registry cleaner program (i recommend the free ccleaner)
- uninstall everything that u installed the last few hours
- run msconfig and select normal boot with all startup programs unchecked. Also uncheck all non-microsoft services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back