TechSpot

Blank Screen with No POST

By natekar
Jul 10, 2005
  1. My system: ASUS A7N266-VM, AMD 2000XP Processor, 80GB HDD, 256 DDRAM, Samsung CD Writer.......

I was playing cube game. Suddenly screen became blank. Then I retarted my computer. Blank screen with monitor light blinking. My comp wont even post. i get no beeps no noise.

I checked the monitor with another computer, it works fine. SMPS is ok as i have checked with anohter computer. I checked the RAM, it is OK.

i opened up my case and saw that all of my fans are runiing. Motherboard light is on.

This is the first i am facing with this type blank black screen. No POST, BIOS setup screen.

I believe culprit is Motherboard or Processor. I don't have similar extra Motherboard to check the processor. Is it a way to know the culprit without having extra Motherboard.

Is it become correct refixing the CMOS and jumper setting that I don't know correctly to do. I don't have extra heatsink. Whether I can use same heatsink for testing?

Hoping for help from anybody. With thanks

S. Srinivas Natekar

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Check your psu, it may well have failed. Just because the fans are spinning, and the mobo light is on, doesn`t mean that your psu is ok.

Regards Howard :cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.