Blank warning box at Windows Welcome Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem that halts the boot up process of my system when it hits the Windows Welcome screen. What happens is I get a Warning box with no message in it..just the options to click yes or no. This will also happen if I add another user and the box appears as soon as I click on the user to logon. If I click no the systems boots up...and if I click yes the system boots up but seems slower than usual.

I have ran anti-virus, anti-spy software and I have checked the event viewer...but there are no errors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Run msconfig and look over the startup apps. Do the same for Start->Programs->Startup. Remove the crap you don't need.

I forgot to mention that I did check the Startup folder and I only have one item in there which is my keyboard utility program. After reading your post I tried running msconfig...went over the startup programs and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I tried "Selective Startup" and disabling "Load Startup Items" to see if I could narrow down the problem but I still got the same error. I also tried restarting with a "Diagnostic Startup - load basic devices and services only" and still got the same message. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back