Blue screen after drive copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a way to do a drive copy from an old pc into a new pc without getting a blue screen when started. Is there any messures I should take on the old drive before doing the copy to the new drive. Basicly I am doing a pc box swap and want to use the software from the old PC to the new.

Well I'm confused.

I think you are trying to backup your data, from a faulty Windows machine
You could add the drive as "Slave" (where the CD drive plugs in) to another Windows computer, then backup that way (through My Computer)

Actually I just worked it out, you need to Repair Windows if changing the Motherboard

What I wish to do is this. I have an older pc that is running ok with XP home. I have built a new PC and wish to do a drive copy of the old software onto the new hard drive to run in the new pc. I have done lots of these in the past. Some work and some don't. The ones that don't usually blue screen on startup in the new pc. I have done a full XP repair and still it blue screens. I have been told before that maybe I should remove all the drivers from xp before I do the drive copy. I thought there just might have been a simple thing to do before I do the drive copy. LOL nothing is simple I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back