TechSpot

Blue Screen at boot

By NintendoCGFreak
Jan 17, 2005
  1. I was trying to upgrade my friends computer, buy re-installing windows. I re-installed it because it wouldn't download updates do to the key it had. Anyways, i reinstalled it and it wont boot. I only shows the windows logo for about .5 sec. I tried re-installing windows once more, same thing....any suggestions?...anyone? PLZ HELP! :dead:

Computer is a Compaq Presario 6010

2. lordx

lordx TS Rookie Posts: 33

please be more speciffic....When does it freeze before installing windozw completely or after,at the first run?
    What is you pc specifications?

3. NintendoCGFreak

NintendoCGFreak TS Rookie Topic Starter

THe computer is a compaq presario Model 6010, AMD Athlon 1.4 Gigs, 512MB Ram, 40 Gig Hard Drive, 32mb Nvidia GFX. Windows Xp PRO. Problem is i see the windows logo for .5 seconds, and then jumps to a blue screen, and i cant do anything more. I tried hardware connecting and disconnecting things, but still no go. What is the key fix to this? Also what way can i access her desktop or more like her files becase i connect the hard drive onto my computer to back up her files but i am unable to reach anymore than just into the documents and settings folder but not into her name to access her desktop or documents. Please Answer These Two Questions :(

4. lordx

lordx TS Rookie Posts: 33

It could be media problems(bad cd disk)....try to copy the cd on the hdd and install from there.....If the copy process not works ....the cd disk is bad

5. NintendoCGFreak

eerr

I've tried 2 XP Disks, and the problem is i cant even get into windows, i have no form of getting in, all i get when its going to boot is a blue screen, about If problem keeps happening its a virus and so on. What i need help in is getting into windows, and not deleting any files, thats why i had tried to copy her Hdd files into mine. :knock:

6. NintendoCGFreak

Screen shot

here's what i see

Attached Files:

7. sKuarecircle

sKuarecircle TS Rookie

All I know is that i had the same problem,except that it used to happen after I had started up and tried to gt into a folder,all I did was run a scan disk amd a defrag and it has never done it agian.
    Now listen I am not telling what to do merely what happened to me,Hopefully somebody can you help you out with it.
    Good Luck

8. NintendoCGFreak

I did...

i did a scan disk and defrag...nothing

9. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

10. NintendoCGFreak

I did install it with a valid key, and i did already copy the files, i guess i have no choice but to reformat the drive

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.