TechSpot

Blue Screen Crash

By Dribbz
Sep 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I got this blue screen recently as shown here[​IMG] I have tried all the recovery methods such as restoring to a previous state and booting with last successful boot with no effect.
    The system repair also cannot fix the issue.
    I also cannot boot in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt.

Thank you for help in advance and I am not extremely computer savvy so it would be great if you could explain things in its simplest term.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,227   +232

Take the computer to a repair shop to have it diagnosed and fixed if cost effective

3. Dribbz

Dribbz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is their nothing I can do ? I did build it myself.

4. Tmagic650

"I am not extremely computer savvy"... and you built this yourself, doesn't make too much sense. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

5. Dribbz

Sorry about that I meant not on a really high level. How can I access my C: drive as I get this issue every load up attempt ?

6. Tmagic650

You may have to replace the hard drive and try to re-install Windows fresh

7. Dribbz

Okay, I haven't had a chance to re-install on the drive I have now which I will try when I can. Will I just have to format the ssd which windows is currently on to be able to re-install or will I have to format the hdd too which has my general programs on ?

8. Tmagic650

Just re-install Windows on the boot drive (SSD)...