Blue screen error. Please come in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've cleaned the interior of my tower, and downloaded and burned Memtest to DVD. However, I can't get beyond the blue screen to run any tests. I've also tried starting in the following settings:

Last known configuration
Safe Mode
Normally

I don't have a clue as to what to do in this situation. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
John

Does anyone have a suggestion, please? I'm without a computer (this is my sisters laptop, and she goes back to school in 2 days).

Happy New Year!

John

Does the CD with memtest work in another computer?

Run memtest with only one stick. Run through each stick individually.

There is a variety of LiveCDs out there. I believe that Ultimate Boot CD for Windoze includes the memtest tool.

Thank you for the suggestion, RF. I've tried it out, but to no avail.

Unplugging the tower from the power source, I removed the first mem stick, reconnected power, then turned on the computer. However, the blue screen loaded just the same.

Disconnecting the tower from the power source, I replaced the first mem stick, and removed the second mem stick. After reconnecting to the power source, the computer wouldn't start up at all.

Disconnecting from the power source, I replaced the second mem stick, and removed the third mem stick. After reconnecting to the power source and powering on, the computer would not load past the initial screen that gives the specs of the video card, and RAM.

The same happened when I replaced the third mem stick, and pulled the 4th.

This repeated one final time, after I replaced the fourth mem stick, and tried to power up, fully loaded.

Please help, I'm a graphic designer, and my entire portfolio is on one of the hard drives. If I lose that data, I'm in big trouble.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

John

P.S. ALL OF THIS WAS DONE WITHOUT THE MEMTEST CD, AS I CAN'T GET THE OS TO LOAD, AND THE DRIVE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE THE DISC AS THE BLUE SCREEN KICKS IN. HOW CAN I BOOT FROM THAT CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back