Blue screen errors caused by my gfx card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly hi everybody im new here and i was wondering if anybody can help me. I've been having problems with my pc for some time getting blue screen errors quite frequently usally when i try and play a game although has also happened occasionally when editing videos and other resource hungry programs.

example of a recent error i had: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
0x0000050 (0x00EA366D,0x00000000,0xBFB086D4, 0x00000000)
NV4_disp.dll Address BFB086D4 Base BF9D4000 datastamp 44DD4897

But the error changes everytime ive also had IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, occasionally its a different file and sometimes the error name and the causing file arent shown.

I have a nvidia geforce 6600 GT and as error shows NV4_disp.dll at first i thought it was a problem with either the drivers or the card its self. so first thing i did was check i have the most upto date version of the drivers, make sure directx was upto date, the games i was playing were patched etc. but that didn't solve it.
So got in contact with the company i brought the pc off and they thought it was bad RAM causing the errors and they offered to replace the ram as the pc was still within warrenty. So sent it away and got a call afew days later from them saying they couldnt find anything wrong but they had replaced the ram anyway, this makes me think that they dont know particulaly what there doing but got the pc back and these errors are still occuring even with the new ram. I've read other forum threads with people who are having similar symptoms most seem to decide its ram but i know my current ram is good. Don't think its the CPU as the system is stable when not playing games. and apparntly isnt the video card, so now im very confused. ive attached some recent minidumps any help would be appreciated.

Some details of my system: Windows XP service pack 2
200Gb harddrive (has plenty of free space)
2GB of RAM
3700+ AMD processor
ASROCK K8 mother board
nvidia geforce 6600 GT 256mb

Should also say that when ever it comes up with the 'upload error info to microsoft' window it nearly always reports back cause as unknown device driver

Three are caused by NV4_disp.dll, and the other by ALCXSENS.SYS, this is a sound card driver. Try and update the onboard sound drivers.

Also, what's the exact model of your motherboard?

Perhaps it is your power supply. What are its specifications? Not just watts, but amps on the 12V rail or rails.

k using everest it says my mother board is ,ECS K8M800-M2
and the power supply ... well cant find it on everest but its listed as a Zorro Case 460W PSU on the companys website i dont know about the rails.

Try to install the latest sound drivers for your system. Also, This could be caused by a defective or incompatible RAM module.

found the sound drivers and installed them along with some other driver updates like for the motherboard and does seem abit better athough crashes are still happening. Think im giving up any way and building a new system soon so thanks for the help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back