Blue screen, event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithanlas

Two months ago my computer started to get blue screen errors randomly. My system was built about a year ago and it used to be fine. Sometimes I have no problems at all for nearly two weeks or so, and once in a while I can see multiple blue screens inside a week. The errors occur usually while I'm playing games.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
Motherboard: Asus P5K
RAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB A-data memory expert DDR2 800MHz)
GPU: BFG OC2 8800GT
PSU: Antec Neo HE500 (500 Watt output)

Error info from event viewer:

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 9a796008, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8052390d

So far I've tried running Memtest86+, but inside the 11 passes it made it didn't find any errors. Also I've done the basic stuff like antivirus scanning, CCleaner scan, updating display drivers and disk defragmenting. Maybe you could determine the source of the problem from my most recent minidump file? Please help, this problem is starting to get annoying :(

Attachments

• Mini020709-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
Your error is 0xA which are strong indications of hardware issues or it can also be due to a driver attempting to access a IRQ Level that it shouldn't.

The driver cited is nv4_mini.sys and many people have had issues with this Nvidia driver. Considering your crashes occur while playing games would fit.

Over these two months I've used closer to 10 sets of drivers and I've had blue screen errors with all of them. I installed the new ones just three days ago and got a blue screen today. What should I do? I've always updated my drivers by uninstalling the old ones, restarting, installing new ones and then restarting again. How can there be something wrong with so many drivers? Is there something else I need/should do when updating drivers?

Uninstalling the old and reinstalling the new is the correct way. If you can find it look for the free version of Driver Cleaner Pro and download and install to your desktop. Try the following:

1. Uninstall your drivers.

2. Reboot into Safe Mode and let Driver Cleaner Pro do its work. If it doesn't find anything that is quite okay.

3. Reboot to normal and install the drivers you want.

* Get back to us with the results.

* You might want to check the Nvidia forums and see what they have to say.

Ok, so I followed your instructions and ended up using Driver Sweeper. It did find a few files. Could the solution to my problem really be this easy? Well, I'll report back in a few days when/if a new blue screen pops up.

Ok, so I followed your instructions and ended up using Driver Sweeper. It did find a few files. Could the solution to my problem really be this easy? Well, I'll report back in a few days when/if a new blue screen pops up.

Actually yes; a lot of times it can be thatt simple. Glad Driver Sweeper seems to have worked for you. Let us know if you gained stability as well.

So far so good. I haven't had any errors during the last few days, but I'm afraid that I'll need at least two weeks to be sure that the problem is solved. I'm going out of town for two weeks tomorrow and once I get back I'll keep on testing the computer. Thanks for your help! I really hope that those blue screens are gone :)

Hey, thats good to hear. :) Thanks for getting back to us and definitely let us know if the stability continues.

Oh no. I got back yesterday and guess what, I got a blue screen just a moment ago :(
It happened while I was playing Dawn of War II. I didn't do anything special, just ordering my units around the screen and then bang, blue screen. Here is the fresh minidump file. What should I do?

Error is 0x7E and the Nvidia driver cited is nv4_disp.dll Also in the mix was the Process cited DOW2.exe which is your Dawn of War executible.

Have you had issues with this game before since you gained stability 2 weeks ago? Try playing the game again and see if you get a BSOD.

Since the blue screens seem to pop up so randomly, sometimes with weeks in between them, it's rather hard to say when I've gained complete stability. I purchased the game on saturday and that was the first BSOD with it. I'll try to play DoW2 as much as possible to see if I get a new blue screen. That might take some time though.

Another BSOD while playing Dawn of War II. This time it happened when I clicked a button in the menu to exit the game. Result: instant blue screen. I'm not getting any new blue screens when exiting the game, so again the BSOD appeared at random. The new minidump is attached. Do you have any suggestions on what to do/try to get rid of the blue screens?

Error is 0xA and it specifically cites memory corruption as the cause.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

*** Get back to us with the results.

Here's how I say that: ;)

Please run Memtest on your Ram

I even get comments on how easy it was to read the guide linked on the Memtest text, it's all good :)

Fault is with dawn of war 2 game.

MANY games, not just Dawn of War 2. Mass Effect, Company of Heroes, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike: Source, you name it. And no, they are not viruses/spyware/malware. I'm not sure if you were serious with your suggestion, but commercially distributed games are supposed to work properly, which means that the fault is in my computer. What I need is advice on finding and getting rid of that problem, not pointless automated responses like that. The problem could be my RAM for example as Route44 previously suggested. I'll try running Memtest for the second time to be sure that the RAM sticks aren't faulty.

So the game itself is the cause of the problem, not display drivers, RAM etc.?
That sounds rather weird, because not all of the games in the market can be faulty, can they?
I'm sorry if I offended you with my reply, I apologise. It's just that this frequent blue screening is getting frustrating. :(

Since memory keeps popping up let's approach the memory in a different way.

First: Does your BIOS have the timings and voltage at the recommended settings for your RAM?

Second: If you only run with 2 gigs are you getting the BSODs?

Also, what kimsland said. Infections will cause major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back