Blue Screen Help

By psnoeber
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I keep getting a blue screen that restarts before I get to read anything on it.

Here are the details from when it restarted:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
    OS Version:6.1.7601.
    Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
    OS Version:6_1_7601
    Service Pack:1_0

Files that help describe the problem:

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Hope someone can help me out! Its getting really old:'(
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Check to see if any minidumps were produced by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload the folder as a file here. When is the BSOD most likely to happen?

Go to the control panel, system, Advanced System Settings. Start up and recovery, settings. Un-check Automatically Restart
  3. psnoeber

psnoeber TS Rookie Topic Starter

It stated my minidump file was to large so I broke it up into two .zip. It will happen if I am running adobe to view plans for work and have an internet window open to listen to music. There really is no rhyme or reason as to when it will happen or what typically causes it to happen. This is on my work computer and our tech guy is about worthless. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Looks like a memory issue. Use Memtest86: to test the memory. Run at least 7 passes. No errors are allowed
  5. psnoeber

psnoeber TS Rookie Topic Starter

How do I go about using this? I have never used it before.

6. Tmagic650

Download Memtest86 version 4.20 iso file. Burn it to a CD/DVD and boot from the CD or DVD