Blue screen IRQL not equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdurr

I continue to get a blue screen with the comment that the IRQL is not equal. I think the problem may be related to the software and drivers for my very old HP officejet 520. I've shut off the printer and disconnected from my computer. I tried to remove the HP program and software but I get the following error message:

"The log file 'c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet Series 500\unist.isu' is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Unistallation will not continue."

Any ideas on how to remove this software? I checked HPs website but can't find anything for Windows XP Home. I tried to install new software and drivers but have to uninstall first.

Thanks, :confused:

The 'Blue-Screen' you're descrbing is probably being caused by that problematic HP driver. In order to remove the driver completely you should use a 'Driver-Cleaning' utility such as 'Driver-Cleaner': http://www.drivercleaner.net/

After cleaning the driver completely, find an updated driver and re-install. Hopefully it will solve the Blue-Screen problem.

GOOD LUCK. :wave:

I am in the process of using drivercleaner now but am a little concerned since I had to remove my ATI driver and control panel and the problem seems to be the HP office jet driver. Will I ultimately be able to remove that driver and software? When I try to remove it tells me the uninstall is not valid or data is corrupted.

You should first try to remove it using the driver cleaner. If you can't remove it with the driver cleaner nor with the uninstall wizard, then you'll have to try and move it manualy by MANUALY deleting all its files including all its components and names inside your Windows Registery. But, REMEMBER, if you're going to mess around with your 'registery' you should really know what you're doing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back