Blue Screen of Death (0xBE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, i've come here as i've been stumped on this problem the last two days, i've been everywhere and tried everything. About 5 days ago this BSOD pop's up whenever i install a large file, half way through the installation it would come up.

stp60467bg8.jpg

Heres a photo that i taken of the error message, how can i sort this out? help please :D

This can be caused by a great number of things. What you see on the bottom lines of your image is the memory dump caused by a hardware failure.
You could have a defective driver that must be removed and reinstalled, defective hard drive, defective memory, defective video graphics card, bad CMOS battery, incomplete set of Microsoft updates, an electronically defective PC Card in a PCI slot.
These are difficult to properly diagnose.
Is the computer running now, or has it failed to reboot.
If it is running, attempt to run the free Memtest86 for four hours or 7 passes, whichever takes longer.
If the memory is good, at least you have ruled out that common cause.
Now go to the website of your manufacturer of the computer, or manufacturer of the motherboard, and download, then install, the latest BIOS, motherboard chipset, video graphics drivers, and all other drivers that have been updated since you purchased the computer or motherboard.
Still no go? Then go to the website for the video graphics and download the latest driver. Then go to Device Manager to remove or disable the old driver. If this does not work, do it again after booting to Safe Mode.
I am assuming you have already run antispyware software and antivirus softwear... as they can cause the same problems If not, run them first.
If you are using Symantec Norton internet security or McAfee, you might want to try something else such as the free version of AVG Antispyware, and AVG Antivirus, as well as Adaware 2007 and Spybot 14.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the quick reply. My computer is running fine, this error only occurs if i try to install a very large file like a game for example. I will test the memory and see if thats a problem. I have unistalled, reinstalled all the latest drivers for the my computer. I did install a new graphics card a 8800 GTS just over a month ago. All the drivers are upto date for my graphics card. I use Kaspersky & Spybot and my computer is clean. I will test the memory and see how that gets along, i've also attached some minidumps if that's any help to people helpin. Thanks for the help mate in trying to get this nightmare sorted.

If you do not get a reply on the Mini dumps, resend them in a separate message requesting Minidump analysis.

See if you can update the Silicon Image drivers (SATA controller). The drivers are two years apart. The other dump is corrupt.

BugCheck 50, {fffff38000049650, 0, fffff8000104988d, 7}
Probably caused by : SiWinAcc.sys ( SiWinAcc+28e0 )

fffffadf`9085b000 fffffadf`90865000 SiWinAcc SiWinAcc.sys Tue Nov 02 04:23:29 2004 (41868D31)
fffffadf`90093000 fffffadf`900e4000 Si3114r5 Si3114r5.sys Wed Sep 06 01:43:52 2006 (44FDB758)

thanks for help, one problem i don't have any dinosaur floppy disks, you know anyway i can update the drivers with out one? i have a SiI 3114 controller and im using Windows XP x64. I think this problem came about when i last formatted, the computer continued to work fine until recently. Whenever i start the pc it prompts for SATA image.

The 64 bit processor, 64 bit XP version has always been more trouble than it should have been.
I still suspect you have a driver problem or a combination problem with a slot component and its driver that might be corrected with a newer or older version installed after the old drivers are disabled.

If you have not done so, enter either SiWinAcc.sys error
or SiWinAcc+28e0 error, into a Gurgle search.

See http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=33471

Methinks there is a high likelyhood that you have a hardware problem. The bad news is that there will not be any clues about which component is doing it in any screen dump. Start with high probability stuff, replace all the ram, motherboard and cpu after you assure that all possible drivers have been upgraded to the very latest.

Then look at Control Panel ->Administrative Tools -> computer management->disk management for some of the options having to do with the SATA drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back