TechSpot

Blue Screen of Death comes to the iPhone 5s

By Scorpus
Oct 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Some users have discovered an unexpected issue with their shiny new iPhone 5s: a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). The BSoD is most commonly associated with Windows, where a kernel error would cause the computer to reboot after a message...

Read more

2. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 635   +60

I guess the rumors that Apple Copied WP design was true! They just snatched the code apparently!!!

/S /J

3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 547   +149

Ha! Further proof that Apple is copying Microsoft ;P

NeurotechHD likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

Now MS should sue Apple. You'd think Apple would've at least had the decency to design their own BSOD using a different colour and not ape MS's.

avoidz, LukeDJ, misor and 2 others like this.
  5. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Rookie Posts: 139   +32

Maybe Apple is working on the three finger salute as well :p

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,522   +595

Looks like a conflict between the Innovation5s.ipa and Innovation4s.ipa archives. Because QuantumLeap (the software that Apple sells with each new generation of iPhone) sometimes gets confused by the similarity of different versions of Innovation and is required to boot the OS, BSoD have been known to occur ever since the 2nd generation iPhone. Because iOS7 doesn't let users disable QuantumLeap, the only solution is to downgrade to a more practical phone. Specifically, the iPhone 4.

7. t3chn0vamp

t3chn0vamp TS Booster Posts: 151   +19

Copy the good side of windows, not the bugs !!!

8. fredderf81

fredderf81 TS Rookie Posts: 28   +20

You know...I was having an ok day...a bit rough, but not bad....until I saw this. I laughed so hard I nearly pee'd myself. this made my day.

9. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 103   +8

My my, how the tables have turned.

10. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 362   +57

In other words, even with a severely limited number of models Apple still can't program anything right.

11. They just for got to put up all the jeebrish on that screen like windows!

12. When they said color was coming to the new iPhones I didn't know this is what they meant!*nerd*

dikbozo likes this.
  13. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 417   +40

Hahahahahaha! That is hilarious... Thanks for the laugh.

avoidz likes this.
  14. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

so apple should have a green 'blue screen of death'?. just kidding Skidmarksdeluxe...(because you posted first what I had in my mind before reading your post)

15. If Apple can sue Samsung for having a black rectangular phone, surely Microsoft can sue Apple for having a blue crash screen.

16. hood6558

hood6558 TS Booster Posts: 292   +44

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!
    Stop.....can't take....any more...can't catch... breath....

17. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,599   +110

Nothing beats the WIn8 BSoD with the : ( in it.

St1ckM4n likes this.
  18. I never had Windows 7 BSOD. But I switched to Ubuntu over the whole NSA backdoor fiasco. It took a hit on my gaming... but we have Steam for Linux, and with SteamOS coming along, we can expect tons of Linux support for gaming! :)

19. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Posts: 331   +49

1. what does this have to do with BSOD on iPhones
    2. switching from windows to ubuntu didn't make it any harder for someone to look into what your doing

Back on topic, this is a bummer for all those iphone early adopters they have prob become use to a more stable experience right out of the box. Seems like any iPhone with the letter 5 attached has been pretty bad at launch.

20. It's not about what I or anyone is doing, it's the principle.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.