TechSpot

Blue Screen of Death from playing World of Warcraft!

By Oxyvince
Jan 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When i play for about 5 minutes i get Blue Screen of Death. Blue screen of death started happening after i downloaded the patch for World of warcraft i think.I need help please! im wondering if it could be my RAM or Videocard. i have 504mb of ram
  2. resu

resu TS Rookie Posts: 218

well for starters id boost your ram up to at least a gig
    just for the good of your system

with reguards to your BSOD
    what error does it show i.e.if its video card then itll mention something about it even if it just says video
    and with the error code .. what does it say??
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

also try updating your gfx drivers and sound card stuff aswell .just to be safe

hope this helps a bit

my bet is gfx card as more offen than not it usually is
    try and note it down or something and pos it up.. if your system is restarting from your BSOD then go to this site and do what it says :)
  3. Kaorichan2002

Kaorichan2002 TS Rookie Posts: 89

Its mostly the stupid graphics. @.@ i get bsod's on my screen....... never mind i have a bsod screen saver :3 boy am i a happy person
  4. Oxyvince

Oxyvince TS Rookie Topic Starter

the error i have is 0X0000008E , thx for the quick replys!:D
  5. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 752

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.