Blue Screen of Death help: .dmp file included

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a new Gateway X64 Vista desktop, the last two days we have been having problems with the blue screen of death coming up. It seems like when ever we down load something using a bit torrent it crashes after the download, also if the computer is left idle for a few hours and then also when running a couple of programs as well. I am attaching two zip files that contain the .dmp and log files for two incidents. Can anyone perhaps help or give suggestions. I bought this computer for my mom who is 67 years old as a present and she is getting very frustrated of course.

Attachments

• 1 dump.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 5
Both minidumps cite the driver netr28ux.sys as the cause in that it was unable to load. There is very little on the 'net concerning this driver but two things about it did come up.

1. It is a legitimate driver for a LAN or network wireless card.

2. Some malware is disguised as this driver.

So, I would first scan for infections because you have used utorrent.

Second, after scanning for malware, viruses, rootkits, etc., go to Gateway's site, find your model and then update your drivers.

I'll do that. Here is when it all started. After unpacking and starting the computer the first time, I installed a Belkin USB Vista driver for the wifi and I think that was the first time I had the problem. I'll go to gateway and update everything and then look for the latest Belkin driver as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back