Blue Screen of Death HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljjay

I just recently bought a used toshiba p25 laptop and it gets the blue screen of death. I have reinstalled winXP numerous times and restored the system and it still happens. I have gotten it twice since this last install but i usually get a window that says a prog has been shut down because of a serious error. can someone tell me whats causing it and what needs to be replaced to cure this problem????

Check your memory, reset your bios and make sure your fans are operating and the air passages are clean

I have flashed the bios, and i have moved the memory to another slot, the fans look clean and i am going to reseat the cpu tomorrow. The memory is a cheap no name brand so I might switch it out. any other ideas?

went ahead and cleaned the heatsink and re seated the cpu, bought new simm installed it and so far just got an error saying that internet explorer has preformed an illegal operation and needs to be shut down

When you reloaded windows, did you format the HDD using quick or just the normal long? Does windows load? do you get to the desktop? Have you tried safe mode?

nope i just formatted it the quick format way, i might try doing the long. After I have installed the new memory simm and cleaned the fans I haven't received the blue scree but just internet explorer error that happen twice. i am trying to defrag and scan.

try scaning you hard disk for errors, rt-click on the drive in my computer -> properties -> tools ->check now. try that

well i have reinstalled windows again did a full slow format, cleaned the fans, installed new memory, installed all updates, flashed the bios, ran defrag and scan disk and i still get the screen so far no more errors but got one blue screen.

when it blue screens, press the pause button, write down the number and take it to microsoft technet and they will give you a detailed report of what the problem is and how to fix it.

cooljjay said:
well i have reinstalled windows again did a full slow format, cleaned the fans, installed new memory, installed all updates, flashed the bios, ran defrag and scan disk and i still get the screen so far no more errors but got one blue screen.

Attach minidump.

heres a photo of the screen

heres a photo of the death screen I receive, I will contact technet and see what they say

Attachments

• IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 7
thanks i need it, i got this pc really cheap and thought that a new installation of windows would cure it but i forgot i was dealing with microsoft lol

well thanks all who answered it seems after all in was the harddrive. havent gotten any more errors or BSOD's since i installed a new hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back