Blue Screen of Death. Minidump analysis requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past couple of days my computer has started having the blue screen of death appearing saying that it is dumping physical memory. I am not sure what the cause of this crash is or how to go about finding out myself so I am including the last 5 minidumps that I have. If someone could please analyze them and help me figure out what is wrong I would be very appreciative.

All five of your minidumps record error 0xD1 which is described from auhma.org as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Your bad device driver in question is: epfwtdi.sys

This is an ESET Personal Firewall TDI filter belonging to ESET Smart Security.

My suggestion is to go to ESET's official forums at www.wilderssecurity.com and post your issue. I would title the subject as "eptwtdi.sys Causing BSODs" It will certainly get their attention. Descibe your issues, tell them that you had your minidumps analyzed and that every one pointed to this as the cause and that every error was designated as 0xD1.

It is an active community and their tech people are involved all the time. They'll ask for all pertinent information. it is vital to them.

Bythe way, I run NOD32 anti-virus myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back