Blue Screen of Death - Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my brothers computer has recently been getting the BSOD with the page error. I did numerous things to attempt to fix the problem (reinstalled windows, updated bios, cleaned out all the dust inside..) and nothing has worked so far.

I have run memtest and it did find errors and i did check the temperatures and it shows the cpu is running hot (even though theres 3 fans inside the computer). I figured I'd check here with the minidump to see if its something you can def find or its the hardware.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b148, 0x00000000, 0x8057e489, 0x00000000).

between the blue screen of death on his computer and the red rings of death on my 360, im hating microsoft right now. any help is appreciated.

hey there... Try this.... if u have more than one chip of RAM, take one out and allow the pc to run on the remaining chip/s. Do this for all the chips. One or more of your chips might be faulty.

Also check your PSU to see if its not damaged or just gettin old. PSU's tend to lose power output over time and this might be causing your cpu to run hot. Alternatively put a fan of some sort on top or to the side of your OPEN case. This might help cool down the cpu. lol, this is an old but effective method of prolonging PSU death.

if that doesn't work, check your motherboard....it might be damged

let me know how it goes

Spyder_1386 :)

Spyder_1386 said:
hey there... Try this.... if u have more than one chip of RAM, take one out and allow the pc to run on the remaining chip/s. Do this for all the chips. One or more of your chips might be faulty.

Also check your PSU to see if its not damaged or just gettin old. PSU's tend to lose power output over time and this might be causing your cpu to run hot. Alternatively put a fan of some sort on top or to the side of your OPEN case. This might help cool down the cpu. lol, this is an old but effective method of prolonging PSU death.

if that doesn't work, check your motherboard....it might be damged

let me know how it goes

thanks for responding.It only has one stick of ram tho and surprisingly, after i just cleaned it out and let the pc run a lil, its not running hot anymore. ill see if i still get a error by leaving it on. how would i know if my motherboard is damaged?

hey no problem. i think if it was your RAM your motherboard should be fine... keep track on it tho... i don't know how long your RAM will cope. You might have to clean it out frequently. i advise you to put in another stick of the SAME ram incase this one fails. hope all goes on well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back