Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm running on Windows XP SP2 and have been getting BSODs quite frequently lately.
The problem seems to occur randomly, sometimes even right after i get into windows, but I've noticed that it seems to occur the most when I'm running more than one type of program at once.
Here are the two errors:
The first one doesn't have any description but has the following:
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x87071020, 0x87071194, 0x805D11F8)

The second one has KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR written:
0x00000077 (0xC0000185, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x025A4000)

I've tried using system restore however, it does not resolve the problem.
I've run Spybot and AVG antivirus but both turned up with nothing.
I've run hard drive diagnostics and memtest for RAM with nothing.
The only reason I can come up with is that I recently installed a PCI network adapter in the computer and BSODs started getting more frequent after that.
I will reformat in a few days but I am afraid that the issue is not software related but hardware related.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.

P.S. I remember running a registry cleaner maybe 4 to 5 months ago but I doubt that would be of any importance.

TechExpress Link: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=CTWEHWTLW1VSRPLW

It can be either hardware or an infestation. No way to know until you check everything out. I would run the most recent version of HiJack This and have the resulting log looked over by Momok, Howard_Hopkinso, or Kitty500Cat.
Then if it is hard ware, it will be
power supply bad or inadequate.
Bad cable or connector
bad memory module
inadequate memory or defective memory module. Run Memtest86 a full four hours or 7 passs, which ever takes longer.
bad driver for video graphics, audio, or other item. (Bad or old drivers are a very common cause. Check your Device Manager for red or yellow flags.)
If it is an eMachine or Sony VAIO, it could be the beginning of the end for that motherboard, but otherwise, it will not be the motherboard.
CPU fan failure (common)
Broken heat sink tie-down poles or connectors.
Failing EIDE cable, or power connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back