Blue screen: STOP: 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy

I have tried re installing and repairing my os (xp home) but it ends up with the blue screen. any ideas what i can do to solve this problem.
the blue screen says:
"a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart our computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or drove controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. rune CHKDSK /F for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7C85528,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)"
i cant access my computer on safe mode or last known good configuration.

At what stage of the install does it Blue screen?

when you run the setup do you get an option to enter "RECOVERY CONSOLE"?

Does setup allow you to repair, upgrade, or make a new installation?

At what stage of the install does it Blue screen?

when you run the setup do you get an option to enter "RECOVERY CONSOLE"?

Does setup allow you to repair, upgrade, or make a new installation?

the blue screen appears after the installation has restarted.
i get the option of recovery console and the setup allows to repair and make a new installation.
i have tried numerous times reinstalling the os over and over with the same result.

If you have a second hdd or partition, you could try a clean install on one of those leaving your files in place. this would at least confirm whether there is a problem with your Hardware or just a problem with the hdd you are installing on or windows install is too corrupt to repair.

Just adding

0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

This error can also occur because of incompatible disk hardware

Or even a boot virus !

Remove any recently added hardware, especially hard disk drives or controllers, to see if the error is resolved

Use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r

Or (probably best) backup by removing the HardDrive and mounting it as a secondary Drive in another working computer.

Once all backups are complete, return the drive, and then re-install Windows clean.

By "clean", I mean remove the Partition(s) during the setup of Windows

i ran chkdsk and it said it appears to be in good condition.
what can i do now? btw im not a computer whiz so i don know what to do.

Or (probably best) backup by removing the HardDrive and mounting it as a secondary Drive in another working computer.

Once all backups are complete, return the drive, and then re-install Windows clean.

By "clean", I mean remove the Partition(s) during the setup of Windows

That one :)

You may need some tech help (in person), someone who can confidently back up your HardDive in another computer

Thanks to all for responding. i fixed my problem by buying and instlling a new hard drive :D Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back