Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer Extensa 4620z running on Vista Home Premium Sp1

Every time I try to boot up my laptop it always restarts on it's own and sometimes

a blue screen appears... I'm hoping that it's not a hardware problem, I want to know

if I can Install Xp on my laptop cause my vista cd is missing....and all I got is my old xp

sp2 cd... any response will be appreciated thanks

LOL!! I just had this problem with my own ACer AspireOne netbook! I thought it was a power supply problem so I took it to the store I bought it from and know the owners. He agreed it looked like hardware and was about to send it to Acer (had to wait 3 days to get the warranty updated as I hadn't registered it,) He called me today LAUGHING!! A tech from Acer called and wanted to first try troubleshooting it over the phone before shipping it. Turns out it was corrupted CMOS memory!!

Here's what you do. With the laptop powered off, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release it. This cause a hard reset of the CMOS memory. Then the BIOS will be forced to use default settings in program memory. If this works, then it was corrupted CMOS memory.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back