Bluescreen 0x024 & 0x07b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Today my friends computer started freaking out real bad, he is currently running Windows XP Media Center edition.

Info:

Booting up (Usual windows, Last working mode and safe mode)

Message at the bluescreen: Stop 0x00000024

Happends every time we try to boot up, so we cant go anywhere.

Tried to boot up with 3 Windows XP cds now, same message
wich is: 0X7B ( 0X00000007B )

I've read about it and found the solutions and know that its because of a harddrive driver failure or HDD failure.

However, it requires you to boot up in windows for it to even be fixed.

Is there any way to fix this without booting up in Windows? Seing as we are completely stuck, it wont let us into windows, or repair, or reinstallation of Windows itself.

I've heard about the extra Harddrive usage, but i dont have any extra harddrives.

Thanks for the help.

Here is a reply to give your problem a bump.

The fact that using 3 different XP installation CDs is not working is not giving enough information. Is the error occuring during the creation of the pre-execution environment? If the CD never gets to display any of the prompts that examines the XP load, I would not fault the HDD (yet).

Guides & Solved Issues is a forum on this board with good, basic troubleshooting.

0x7B errors are typically caused by installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Have you scanned for possible infections?

As for the 0x24 error you might want to run a full harddrive diagnostics if for nothing else peace of mind.

0x7B errors are typically caused by installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Have you scanned for possible infections?

As for the 0x24 error you might want to run a full harddrive diagnostics if for nothing else peace of mind.

I recently managed to fix the problem connecting it to my other computer that i just got back a few days ago.

The HDD did not show any sign of being infected with a virus, or anything wrong at all really.
(Scanned 2 times)

Did manage to fix this only by doing the windows CHDSK search by booting up in my own Windows,

Showed out some files were corrupt but we still dont know how, and some boot files were missing, got it fixed now.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back