Bluescreen error : driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Vissu

hi,

My system is restarting and I am getting the above error in a blue screen. This is happening every now and then. I am using hp pavilion dv6 1350us laptop with intel core 2 duo.

I am getting the following error code on start up :

BCCode: d1

BCP2:0
BCP2:2

can you please help in solving the issue ?

I haven't installed/upgraded to any OS. My laptop(bought in dec 2009) is pre-installed with Windows 7 home premium(64-bit) and from the past 1 year I am working on the same OS. I never had any problem. Windows 7 OS asks updates frequently and I allow it to update. I didnt uninstall/install any OS recently nor I updated drivers manually. I am facing this problem from the past 10 days or so.

I have tried updating some of the drivers but no luck and I dont know which driver is causing the problem ? I am attaching my dump here. please reply as soon as possible.

P.S : My sys is working fine in safe mode and I have another OS (Ubuntu) thats also working fine.

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

I checked out the dump & it points to the 'Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN' driver (IMAGE_NAME: NETw5s64.sys).

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5s64.sys
Image name: NETw5s64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jan 13 10:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
ImageSize: 0075F000

You might want to try & grab the latest drivers from the Intel site.

downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

HTH
CraniumRat

Blue screen rrror : driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Hi,

Still i see the same error even after updating with the latest drivers from the intel site.

Hi,

Can you please paste the latest minidumps after updating to the latest drivers? Also, can you confirm that there are no warnings or errors in your Device Manager?

CR

I just had a look through your minidump and found several out of date drivers which all relate to the motherboard chipset dating back to 2007 and one as old as 2005, all pre windows 7. Go to the motherboard manufacturers site and get the full chipset drivers for windows 7 64bit. Then see if it improves.

If that does not fix it use Driver Verifier to find any faulty drivers that might be causing the problem.

For windows XP - Click on Start and then Run. Type verifier into the box and hit the Enter key.
For Vista and Windows 7 - Click on Start and type verifier into the search box then click on verifier in the list that pops up.

Driver Verifier Manager will open.

Select the first choice "Create Standard Settings" and click on the "Next" button.

Now select "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" and click on the "Finish" button.

A box will appear asking you to restart the PC for the changes to take effect. Click on "OK" and reboot the PC.

To stop Auto reboot so you can read the error message do this for Windows XP:
Click the Start button, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Under System Failure, uncheck the "Automatically restart" check box.

And do this in Windows 7 and Vista:
Click Start, select 'Control Panel' select 'System' in the left pane select 'Advanced System Settings' in the box select the 'Advanced' tab then under 'Startup and Recovery' select 'Settings.' In the box under 'System Failure' uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.

If the PC reboots normally then there is no problem with any of the drivers. If you get a blue screen straight away it will name the faulty driver. If you are absolutley certain that the named driver is OK then make a note of it.

You will then have to go back into the Verifier and instead of selecting all drivers select "Select drivers from a list". Click on "Next" and the list of drivers will appear. Select them all apart from the one you know to be OK. Click on "Finish" and reboot.

Once you have identified the faulty driver or confirmed that there are none go back to the first page of the Driver Verifier Manager and select "Delete Existing Settings" and click on "Finish"

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

hi,

i have updated the drivers from the hp site but even the problem persists.

i ran the verifier.exe tool , the system rebooted normally and i didnt get any error.

I dont know how i got the drivers backed 2005 , mine was new laptop when i bought in 2009 december.i never updated any drivers manually.

My laptop is working normally in Safe mode with n/w and in my second OS ubuntu.
please help me. One more thing is i am unable to find the latest minidump file in the c:/windows/MiniDump folder.

OK, that error code is the one given when Driver Verifier catches a faulty driver so I need to see your minidump. Your settings may not be correct to save the dump file. Run through this first guide to check the settings are correct. Then, reboot and when it has another crash reboot back into safe mode and follow the last line from the Driver Verifier instructions to turn it off. Then boot back into normal mode and follow the second guide below to post the minidump so I can debug it and view the contents.

Please provide the make and model number of the PC so I can check for the latest drivers.

Click on Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (left pane) > Advanced tab > Settings button for Startup and Recovery. In the System Failure box make these settings.

Check > Write an event to the system log.
Check > Automatically restart.
Select > 'Kernel Memory Dump' in the Write debugging information box.Then clear the box for 'Overwrite any existing file' step back and change Kernel dump to Small Memory Dump.
Small Dump Directory should read %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Hit OK, OK again and close the System box.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

I think my last message was framed wrong.

After running the verifier and restarting the system , i didnt get any error , it booted normally.

The error code which i posted is the one which i used to get regularly whenever my system gets restarted.

I think my last message was framed wrong.

After running the verifier and restarting the system , i didnt get any error , it booted normally.

The error code which i posted is the one which i used to get regularly whenever my system gets restarted.

I feel I missed something...:confused:So is the problem fixed or is it still happening?
R~

hi,

I am getting BSOD frequently but as Mark said i am unable to reproduce the same when i ran the verifier and reboot my PC. Soon i will post the latest Dump files.

Are you referring to the error code C4 quoted in post 7. A C4 error is only created when Driver Verifier detects a faulty driver. For this to happen Driver Verifier must be turned on, please check the settings in the Verifier.

Meanwhile, please get those minidumps posted so we can get to the bottom of this.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

hi Mark,

Yes i am referring about that error only. I got this error generally not after using verifier and rebooting the system. I will post the dumps this evening.

Actually , overwriting existing files is checked so thats the reason i cant find latest dumps with the recent dates.

OK, I am keen to see the dumps as something odd is going on. If you keep getting the C4 error then your driver verifier must be active. Go back to the last line of the instructions I gave and repeat what it says.

Back