Boot Error I Hate Boot Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently put my pc together, and installed windows xp pro and i started to get a error messege saying

DISC BOOT ERROR
PRESS CTRL + ALT + DELETE TO RESTART

when i load up what do i need to do to stop this happening :mad:

Hi
First off, do you have the bootable drives set up correctly in bios? For instance, if you have the bios set to boot from cd only, the hard drive will not be allowed to boot the system. Conversely, is the hard drive seen correctly by bios in the first place?

i have the hard drive detected and set you boot first everything is done correct yet im still getting the error messege ive tryed 2 different versions of winows to format the disk and reinstall it as well as a linux distrobution. everything is set right and i get no error upuntil this one that says disc boot error.

that message is most commonly caused by leaving a boot disk in the floppy drive. I have also seen it happen when the floppy drive was defective.

the hard drive is brand new, i have no floppy disc drive, my hard drive is set to master and my dvd drive set to master 2. theres no disc in the drive or anything. can anyone give a detailed way to help e through this

the hard drive is brand new

and the jumper is set to master? try removing the jumper altogether on the hard drive. newer hard drives, especially Western digitals do not like being jumperd when they are alone on the primary IDE. I am assuming that your reference to the optical drive being "master2" you are saying that it is master on the secondary IDE? ( which it should be.)

at any rate please give us more info on your system setup.

yeah the mother baord is a qdi super b 4le with channel audio 2 dimm slots 2 ide 1 floppy, 2 usb 3 pci 1 agp spot. hard dirve is a maxtor raptor 80gb 7500 rpm. standard floppy drive, standard dvd drive, 256 crucial ddr ram333, intel pentium 4 2.8 512k l2 cache, 533fsb and a 450watt power suply. i think my dvd drive has gone cuaseit isnt reading anything when its loading, so that might be the problem. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back