Boot up Fan speed error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipperman

Motherboard : asus P5S800-VM
CPU : Intel P4 LGA775,3 Ghz
During bootup i receive "Fan Speed error" message.
In the bios the speed is in RED at app 1200 rpm.
asus probe reports OK for this and all readings.
Temp is 28 C variable.
This has been the settings since new in April 2005.
? Is 1200 fast enough ? My asus manual example is 3000 +
Why the sudden error message ?
Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
asus has not replied to this.
Heres my Settings.

Which fan are you having this problem with? the cpu fan? sytem fan? please post it here so we can further assist you.

oops

dopefisher said:
Which fan are you having this problem with? the cpu fan? sytem fan? please post it here so we can further assist you.

I'm not useing my own advice,sorry about that.
It's CPU fan error.
Worrys me although Probe gives it OK

Are you looking at the right one

dopefisher said:
also, the screen shot you posted doesn't show anything. it just shows your alarm levels
It shows my cpu fan speed and temperature.
Thats my topic.CPU fan error. ?
What item would you like posted ?

that looks strange for one reason: your cpu is only running at 27C. that would explain the low fan speed in theory. your fan will only run as fast as needed in most cases. since your cpu is so cool, it only needs to go so fast. question is, why is your cpu only 27C. do you have it underclocked? as far as i know, those 775 p4's are hot and power hungry. a 3ghz p4 should be much hotter than 27C. anyway, i think that explains it. oh yeah, are you using the stock intel fan or did u get an aftermarket cooling system? is your cpu fan plugged into the correct socket in the motherboard?

We have seen some ASUS boards with incorrect error reports. Have you checked your board at ASUS or with a google search. I agree it should be running a lot hotter, but if the sensor is bad, the fan could be under-cooling... how does it feel? Is it radiating a lot of heat or does it appear to be as cool as it measure?
Double check the obvious things you have already done... CPU fan seating, Thermal paste, etc. The fact that this error message is new is a mystery deserving more exploration.

My conditions

I added a rear 3inch case fan a while ago and have
1 side off to maybe explain "not hot enough".
Boy how many posts have i seen screaming for a cooler system.Now you say it's not hot enough.
First though,this just appeared a few days ago after nearly a year of use,
at these settings.
dopefisher
Yes i bought a boxed genuine Intel cpu,packaged 3.0 and clocked it the same.
It was properly installed "following the manual instructions"
or i would have had more then this in the early going.
I don't think i'm in any danger,but looking for a bios option to stop this warning.I can't see anything but to set it to ignore.But don't know if this will stop the message.I am more curious then concerned.
I would like to hear from someone with the same mbd and cpu for comparison.
Thanks for those cool replys.:)
Are you diggging out ? Just rain here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back