Booting from sata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I have an old Pentium 11 300MHz, with a Gigabyte GA 686 LX3 motherboard and Award 4.51PG bios. I am looking to do a gradual upgrade and have just bought a Seagate SATA harddrive and Mercury PCI SATA 150 Controller card. Works fine as additional storage with 98se but I would like to use it as the boot drive with XP. Starts off ok, loads drivers with f6, but when system reboots get error message 'Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware' I have tried changing the boot order in the bios but nothing seems to work! Help! :confused:

Boot.ini Problem

Hey, I had the exact same problem with the exact same card. I started looking around and I noticed that the boot.ini was weird. Load XP setup and go into the Repair Console. Then do a bootcfg /list. You'll see that it isn't what it should be. You can then run bootcfg /? and it will tell you how to search for Windows installations and add them to the boot config. This will enable you to finish the setup. Once finished, you can go back in and clean up the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back