Both SSD and HDD grouped under C:

BlitzJG

I built my own PC with a 120 gb SSD and 500gb HDD with the plan to run gaming and other software where speed is important from the main SSD and have music and most other non-speed important storage on the HDD. I am a novice builder so perhaps i installed something improperly, or just indicated things improperly in the BIOS, but I realized today when trying in install iTunes that I only have a C: drive and a DVD drive.

After looking at the hardware installed, the device manager lists both the SSD and the HDD, but still only one drive exists. System Info also says that I only have 110ish GBs so I imagine it is only incorporating the SSD. Any idea how to fix this or whats going wrong?

Under Local disk properties for Hardware it lists both, with the SSD location as channel 0 and the HDD location as channel 1.

In BIOS there are BOOT priority options as well as BOOT override, which I am not positive what they do, but under the BOOT priority options it classifies the SSD and the HDD together, but allows me to put them in priority as well under something called a BBS. It looks like it lists the primary of either the SSD and the HDD, as the primary boot device, and the secondary as the DVD drive, without splitting the SSD and HDD up for this.

I am not familiar with this BIOS because it is more advanced than what I am familiar with, the old school blue screen BIOS.

Please help

go to disk manager and assign the HDD something besides c: (boot drive).
You could do...
c: SSD
d: HDD
e: DVD

Back