1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new Asus laptop screen goes black

By Branoli ยท 4 replies
Nov 23, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I just purchased an Asus model X540LA laptop. I have had it 2 days and when I type the screen keeps going black. If I keep typing the screen comes back on and what I typed while it was black is there. It isn't getting hot, has not been dropped or anything. It is brand new only been used for 2 days. Help! Should I return it?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,027   +384

Yes. As with any defective merchandise you should return it if at all possible.

3. Branoli

Branoli TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you. It seems to be happening when I hit the "T" key and the "U" key. I didn't test any of the other keys as I have already decided it is going back and I am going to order a Dell.

4. Branoli

Branoli TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well found out it was the magnetic bracelet I wear on my left wrist. I had no idea that it would cause any interference. I did return it as Amazon agreed to take it back even though it wasn't defective. I have a new Dell now and not one issue with the magnetic bracelet. I should have just ordered the Dell in the first place.

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,027   +384

At least you figured out what was wrong.