Brand new Gigabyte 8I915P Duo w/ P4 3.0Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new to these forums and am basically looking for a quickfix. I know you're supposed to search before posting, wich I did, but there's alot of topics covering my questions, but it's not really addressing mine directly.

I just bought a brand new ATX-Mid Tower casing w/ a 350W power supply. Unfortunately the mobo/processor in my old computer was propitary to emachines, and I had to go buy a new mobo/cpu as well. I bought the Gigabyte 8I915P Duo (Rev. 2.x) w/ P4 3.0Ghz combo. I've installed it correctly, all power supplies/LEDs/switches we're correctly attached. I have one IDE controlled hard drive and one IDE CDROM drive, they both function, I think. There's 3 IDE controllers on the mobo, one being for RAID only. I don't want to run RAID, but I still attached the HD to the RAID IDE. I've gone through the BIOS, and tried to disable RAID. That's not the issue though.

I've got a strand of problems with this thing that confuse the hell out of me.

For one, my computer just started randomly shutting off power at random times. It was powering correctly for the first few days, but I'm not sure if I did something to cause the power supply to corrupt. Sometimes when I boot up, it shuts down before even opening the BIOS config. It seems to be the longer I leave it off, the longer it stays on.

I've also set all the Jumpers correctly on the HD/CDROM, but it won't boot to OS or the Windows XP Pro installation CD that I have. Well, it will, but then it gives me a Blue Screen of Death error message when it's at the "Starting Windows" phase of initializing setup. It does the same thing when I try to boot to the OS on the HD. I can't figure out what's wrong with this damn thing, and I've been up day and night for the past two days trying to fix it, it's driving me insane.

Can someone please help,
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs:
Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo (Rev. 2.x)
Intel P4 3.0Ghz
One DDR2 533Mhz 1024MB RAM
ATI Radeon x700 Pro PCI-E 256MB
80GB Seagate or WD hard drive

If it keeps turning off it could be a power supply issue. I would check that. However if you can not install the os then does it just turn off when you are in the bios? Also is this a new hard drive or is it from the e-machines computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back